Tuesday 23 June 2015

AJAX Callback and jQuery creating Page Items Dynamically

This example shows a couple of interesting techniques:
  • 1. How to create and use an AJAX Callback process instead of an Application Process on Demand,
  • 2. how to create a dynamic page item,
  • 3. how to modify the item display settings and reference Font Awsome icon set and finaly,
  • 4. it shows how to call an AJAX process from javascript.
This question is based on a recent forum posting where this question was asked.

Have a look and enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an example of executing DML from javascript in APEX without an on demand process?

Denes Kubicek said...

How should that work?

Anonymous said...

I know how to call sql statements in an on demand process from javascript. What I want is something more portable so I can attach the javascript to any app but not have to create the on demand process in each app. I suppose I could create a plugin but I have not done that.